ROBINYOUNG & COMPANY, founded by Robin Young-Ellis, CSSC, MSSC, in 1996, is an independent brokerage firm specializing in structured settlements and funding agreements. The firm is dedicated to the plaintiff and plaintiff’s family, personal injury attorney and their legal team, offering injury victims a unique brand of personal attention and financial assistance at a critical juncture on their road to recovery.
Young-Ellis is among the first one-hundred (100) industry professionals in the nation to earn the prestigious Certified Structured Settlement Consultant designation, and among the first twenty-three (23) industry professionals to earn the Masters Structured Settlement Consultant from the National Structured Settlement Trade Association through the University of Notre Dame.
A Personal Approach
With over three decades of combined experience as a structured settlement professional (25 years) and as a legal assistant for personal injury, Young-Ellis and her team are passionate advocates for injury victims’ rights. Young emphasizes hands-on attention and believes in getting to know her clients and their unique situations.
Structured settlements can prove unwieldy for the inexperienced and unseasoned consultant. Each client represents a complex set of personal, legal, and financial variables, and neglecting any piece of the puzzle can lead to disastrous results. Young-Ellis’ clients are assured knowing that with her strategic thinking and extensive experience, she will make the right decisions and recommendations for their case.
With her team-player attitude and personal approach, Young-Ellis coordinates and assists plaintiff attorneys, mediators, trust attorneys, government attorneys, attorney ad litems, guardian ad litems and judges with her deep understanding and expertise of the process of resolving legal financial claims through a financial or insurance arrangement, including periodic payments. For this, Young-Ellis relies on a solid track record of working with minors, families, individuals, young and elderly, as well as challenged children and adults (with special and supplemental needs) who may require complex planning and personal attention and focus.
ROBINYOUNG & COMPANY offers broad-based structured settlement consulting and brokerage services throughout the United States. Meanwhile, Young-Ellis’ structured settlement career extends into the international arena as well, where Young-Ellis has traveled to and managed successful completion of complex cases with annuitants in Mexico, Columbia, Puerto Rico, Shanghai, Beijing and Hong Kong.
Prior to establishing her structured settlement career in 1996, Young cites eight years as a legal assistant for the “King of Torts” Joe Jamail and his personal injury team as having a profound influence on her style. While working with Jamail, one of the country’s most prominent plaintiff attorneys, along with Janet Hansen and Frank Staggs, Young-Ellis learned the intricacies of settling cases. It is also with this team that she learned the value in earning the trust and confidence of plaintiffs. Observing firsthand how fair settlements were negotiated and settled, often without the necessity of a trial, Young-Ellis developed the skills that her clients trust today.
One of Young-Ellis’ greatest motivations is her dedication to family – both her own and others’. Young-Ellis, is a four-generation Texan of a military family where principles of honor and public service have been a big influence in her life. Young-Ellis is married to Major Joseph R. Ellis, United States Marine Corps (Ret), currently serving as Commissioner Ellis, Harris County Housing Authority.
A Culture of Giving
The culture of giving and safeguarding runs through the heart of Young-Ellis. On a local and national level, she has dedicated her life to establishing a firm foundation in the business, social, humanitarian and philanthropic areas. Always passionate about the causes that are important, Young-Ellis donates a percentage of her annual earnings to a number of health, disability, military and educational organizations.
Professional Associations & Designations & Committees:
- Master Structured Settlement Consultant (MSSC)
- Certified Structured Settlement Consultant (CSSC)
- Affiliate of Summit Settlement Services
- National Structured Settlement Trade Association (NSSTA)
- NSSTA-PAC Leadership Circle
- NSSTA Legs & Regs Committee
- NSSTA Innovation Committee
- American Association of Settlement Consultants (AASC)
- AASC Board of Directors
- AASC Executive Committee
- AASC Co-Chairman – Legal & Government Committee
- AASC Liaison – Alliance for Women Committee
- Society of Settlement Planners (SSP)
- Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Houston Children’s Charity Board of Directors
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Board of Directors
- Baylor College of Medicine Advisory Board
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- The Longhorn Foundation (University of Texas at Austin)
- Chancellors Council (University of Texas at Austin)
- The Littlefield Society (University of Texas at Austin)
- Texas Impact Design (University of Texas at Austin School of Architecture) (former project)
- Project Uganda (former project)
- US Army Grassroots Board (former project)
- National Cutting Horse Association, Life Member
- American Quarter Horse Association, Life Member
- American Paint Horse Association, Life Member
- The Ranchers Ride (former project)
- Salt Grass Trail Ride Association
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Life Member (since 1991)
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Education Contribution Review Committee
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Armed Forces Appreciation Committee
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Quarter Horse Committee
5010 Woodway, Suite 715, Houston, TX 77056 • Tel: 713-621-2027 • Fax: 713-621-2024 • Toll Free: 888-884-8857
“Too often I see personal injury victims who have been completely focused on simply seeing their injury acknowledged and blame legally affixed. The truth is, that’s just the beginning of what it will take to rebuild their lives. Their future, their best chance for long-term physical and emotional healing, often lies in having someone on their side who can swiftly and accurately structure a financial settlement which will safeguard them for years to come.”
– Robin Young, founder
ROBINYOUNG & COMPANY
“Helping people get back on their feet has come to define my own life. The work is always fascinating, always challenging, and always demanding the absolute best from me and my team. At the end of the day, the best part is feeling like we’ve made a difference in someone’s life ”
– Robin Young, founder
ROBINYOUNG & COMPANY